Connecting with Customers & Clients via Social Media
Pinterest just hit 100 million users. Instagram tops 300 million. Facebook boasts over 1 billion. If you think you don’t have an audience on social media you’re wrong. If you’ve been told that social media just won’t work for you – you’ve been told a lie.
You do and you can.
Recently I gave a talk at a University of Georgia Small Business Development seminar about connecting to customers with social media. This is a frequent question that comes up when they consult with smaller businesses.
In my talk, I gave them 16 actionable ways they can connect, starting right now –
- Use Twitter Lists.
- Use Facebook Interest Lists.
- Use Mention or Google Alerts.
- Tag people and/or businesses in your social media posts.
- Start the conversation.
- Don’t fear the non-response or negative response.
- Be in it for the long-term.
- Don’t broadcast.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Support the businesses you are targeting.
- Share your warm & fuzzies.
- Make use of white papers/webinars/free resources.
- Use LinkedIn’s Advanced Search.
- Look up local events and opportunities on MeetUp.
- Advertise on Social Media.
Also included were 2 case studies – JetBlue Airways and Denny’s. View the Prezi below for the full presentation.