ME Marketing Services, LLC is looking for an intern to assist with the social media marketing efforts of the business itself and their clients. You will learn the ins and outs of the business and how to make social media a productive part of overall marketing efforts.
This is an unpaid internship. Most colleges will allow you to earn college credit for unpaid internships. Please talk with your adviser to see if this is an option for you.
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level. You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them.
Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media strategies and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
This internship position will involve heavy community management for clients, i.e. using their social media accounts and interacting with their online communities. Some content creation (social media posts) duties will apply as well.
Working Hours: 8-12 Hours Weekly
Internship Length: 2 semesters
- Students applying for this internship should be Marketing or Public Relations majors
- Must be a sophomore or junior involved in major coursework
- Must be willing to have their social media profiles looked over in detail to be considered
- Must be creative, out of the box thinkers
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Knowledge of digital media software – Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing software –Windows Live Movie Maker or Camtasia is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to write
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
To apply, please upload below or email resume, cover letter and applicable experience to:
Mandy Edwards, owner, ME Marketing Services, LLC